Friday, April 6, 2012

It's a tour---- and I'm on it

Soundtrack- the good the bad and the queen "a soldier's tale"
645am left Ohio after a great show at the university. Then flew to dc then flew to JFK which was hard to fly into JFK and not be going home... Really tugged at the ol heart strings.... Then after making a few phone calls and a last meal of a martini and steak panini I found out that thanks to the most amazing tour manager ever I was upgraded to first class.... Which on a ten hour flight made all the difference. Holy crap there was so much food... And I got to watch Sherlock Holmes 2 again...... Then completely lay down and sleep for 7 hours..... Hopefully I'll get to see a little bit of Istanbul in our 9 hour layover.....
Also I'm in the future. So wanted to let you know on the east coast that Friday is looking good.
And since the turkmen government wasn't thrilled with the idea of us performing our first show was cancelled which considering that it was on Sunday will be a welcomed break for the bodies.... Still teaching lots and doing cultural stuff though.
Will update more as the adventure continues but for now it's a tour and I'm on it.
Signing off from the 'how will I ever go back to flying coach' first class luxury
Shane
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Update: I feel great having slept gonna shower and shave we have a little under 6 hours before we fly to Turkmenistan ... Which I think is like a six hour flight....
The only story to report was an older man stopped dead in his tracks in the airport and stared at me for a very long time, he even turned to watch me go.... It was either my hair. Jealous of the cry baby curl... Or he thought I was Robbie Williams





Location:39,000ft first class cabin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

" "The difference between a madman and a professional is that a pro does as well as he can within what he has set out to do and a madman does exceptionally well at what he can't help doing.” ― Charles Bukowski