Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Career Opportunities

So Iggy Pop has a new cd out called "Préliminaires"
It's somewhere between Tom Waits and Jacques Brel

It's weird but I like it, it's based on a french novel but I won't bore you with the details. Check it out if that sounds like something that would tickle your fancy.

Speaking of your fancy and tickling.... post-grad life seems like a constant struggle to find a balance between tickling your fancy and working to afford feathers. Why not work in a pillow factory. Crap metaphor but you should like your job, no?

I would also like to share in this little bit of brilliance from the brilliant film "There Will Be Blood"

There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. I want to earn enough money that I can get away from everyone.....

I see the worst in people. I don't need to look past seeing them to get all I need. I've built my hatreds up over the years, little by little, Henry... to have you here gives me a second breath. I can't keep doing this on my own with these... people.
[laughs]



Without Daniel Day Lewis behind those words they don't have the same impact...

Working towards retirement... working to afford a life of leisure... that's just the business model of the religious afterlife isn't it. A promise of pearly gates and saint peter or pearly white beaches in sunny saint petersburg florida...

Something to think about if your adhere to one idea or the other, or both.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

" "The difference between a madman and a professional is that a pro does as well as he can within what he has set out to do and a madman does exceptionally well at what he can't help doing.” ― Charles Bukowski