Monday, May 25, 2009

High Culture Low Art


When I say that culture has generally hit a low. That low culture is what is acceptable to the masses.... It seems cynical but I offer this comparison of CARTOONS


1950





2009





Ok. I admit I laugh at both. Family guy is hysterical but they reference other TV shows. All pop culture is now self referential. Regardless of how obscure and hilarious some family guy references are my point remains the same.

Although here's Robot Chicken's operatic version of Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan....
which I guess falls somewhere in between but not really.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

" "The difference between a madman and a professional is that a pro does as well as he can within what he has set out to do and a madman does exceptionally well at what he can't help doing.” ― Charles Bukowski